Sign up for Summer Classes for Kids NOW! Some classes are already full.
Updated 4/15/19 - Summer is not far off. And the time is upon us to find meaningful, yet fun, things for our children to do during their time off while we still toil the daily grind. Here is a list of ideas and Links to Sites that have extensive lists of things for your kid to do this Summer. Sign up EARLY as many of these venues fill up FAST!
• Arts Express has a course and auditions for their Summer Production of Tuck Everlasting. Scholarships are available.
• Arts Express Kid's Summer programs for grades 1-8. May and June. Willy Wonka Kids and Disney's Frozen Junior.
• Do you have a kid that is horse crazy like our granddaughter? Just Horsin' Around is for you this Summer.
• The Desert Museum has offerings for Kids this Summer. Museum Explorers Camp for children entering grades 1-6. Day camps are offered either the week of June 4 or the week of June 16. More information at the http://DesertMuseum.org/kids.
• The Tucson Museum of Art will offer summer classes for children ages 5-13, each week tailored for their age group. Classes will be offered each week, June 4 - August 3 and is just $125 for the week morning or afternoon. For more information see the website at Tucson Museum of Art. Classes are small and fill up quickly.
• The Museum of Miniatures is offering week long camps for children ages 5-7 and 8-12. The classes are from 9-12 pm and run from June 3 -June 28, each week featuring a different project. For detailed information visit the Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures. Classes are limited, so sign up early. Also this summer are Tinker Workshops, Wednesdays and Thursdays in July from 12-3 pm.
• The Children's Museum offers a full line of Summer Camps for children ages 4-9. June and July, 2018
• Tucson Botanical Gardens offers week long Summer Camps in June. Plants make life possible on earth and play a major role in our everyday lives. A week-long exploration of human interactions with plants.
• Camp J Day Camps, run continuously June and July and is accredited by the American Camping Association.
• The Presidio del Tucson is offering a Summer Camp this June. Three week long classes for ages 6-12.
• Cat Camp for children. Mid June to Mid July for children 6-11 years. Proper care of our feline friends, arts and crafts and other fun activities.
• The YMCA has an extensive list of camps and activities for kids of all ages covering a variety of subjects offered late May and ending early August.. Check out the Y Summer Camps.
• A great site for exploring all the possibilities for Youth this Summer is Bear Essential News.
• Science Fusion Camps for Kinder Grades through Grade 7 at the Flandrau sell out fast. IF you think this is for your child, you should register early. Find out about Fusion Camps here.
• The Reid Park Zoo's Summer Camps for grades 1-8 sell out quickly. June and July. See what is available. Some are already sold out!
• ToddlerNet's 2018 schedule for Summer Camps for Kids. This page has not been updated for 2019 as of this writing.
• Live Theatre Workshop on the Eastside has Summer Camps for your aspiring actor or actress. Day camps for the young ones and week camps for older kids June - July. As of this writing, there are only two classes left that are not full.
• Troubadour Theatre is offering a variety of summer camps for ages 10-18.
• Tubac Center of the Arts has not yet announced their Summer Arts Program for 2019.
• University of Arizona's Youth University Program. Signup NOW!. Something for ALL ages.
• The Dance Company Zuzi has Summer Camps in the Aerial Arts and Dance camps.
• Red Monkey Pilates Studio has not yet posted summer classes for kids.
• Join the world-renowned Tucson Arizona Boys Chorus (TABC) for an amazing week of music, fun, and adventure! Summer Day Camp and Summer Music Camp includes daily themes (Pirates, Water, Sports, STEM) as well as fancy trick-rodeo roping and high-quality music instruction from one of TABC's directors.
• The Tucson Racquet Club offers Summer Camps by the week for kids May 28 - August 2. Sports Camps include Tennis, Soccer, Swimming, Basketball, Arts & Crafts and more! Camps for all age groups are offered.
• Rocks and Ropes has 7 weeks of popular classes for kids ages 5 and up in one week increments through early August.
This article has been KID APPROVED. For more interesting ideas of Things to do with kids, some of the not very expensive, please see our page, "Things to do in Tucson with KIDS"