See our full Calendar of Events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
As always, please verify with the event coordinator that the event is taking place.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your visit!
• Southwest Wings Birding Festival, July 31 - August 3, 2019
• World Margarita Championships - August 2, 2019
• Annual Michelada Competition, August 5, 2019
• Southeast Arizona Birding Festival, August 7-11, 2019.
• Annual Doc Holli-Days, August 9 - 11, 2019
• Celebrate Tucson's Birthday at the Presidio downtown. August 20, 2019
• Tucson's Birthday at the Mission Garden, August 21, 2019
• Showdown in Tombstone - Aug 31 - Sept 1, 2019
• Tucson Fall Gem Shows August 29 - Sept 1, 2019
• Territorial Days in Tombstone - Aug 31, 2019
• Gutenberg: the Musical, August 15 - 25.
• Kartchner Caverns Photo Tours, Sept. 7, Oct. 5 & more.
• John Mayer at Talking Stick Arena, September 10.
• Farm to Fork, Summer Feast Series, September 19, Tucson Botanical Gardens
• Flying Leap's Spanish Summer Night, Elgin, Saturday, September 21. Tickets are limited.
• Season Tickets are on sale for many of the theaters in town. Find out more about the various venues on our Performing Arts Page.
• True Concord has announced their new season.
• Become a member of the Fox and get the best seats. (We love the loveseats.)
• Broadway in Tucson. Season Tickets are on Sale for the 2019-2020 Season now. Choose the best seats.
• Arizona Theatre Company. Venues in Tucson and Phoenix. Season Tickets on Sale now.
Ms. Karen's Pic
See more on our Calendar of Events this week.
• National Park Service Days, August 25, Free entrance to National Parks.
Arts & Entertainment
Check out our Performing Arts Page. All the great venues for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
Benefits / Volunteering
Make a difference. Join a group, volunteer, donate.
• 10th Annual Hunger Walk, Saturday September 14, Tucson and Green Valley. Teams forming now.
• Kind Campus Kickoff: The Wisdom of Kindness, Saturday, August 24 9am - 12pm
• If you love wildlife and animals, please consider volunteering at the Tucson Wildlife Center. They really need your help and donations.
• Empire Ranch Restoration Work 1st Saturdays most months 8-12pm. Help preserve our heritage.
• Volunteer at PACC, Pima Animal Care Center. They desperately need your help. AND if you are a hiker you can get your exercise walking dogs! Please help. It means a world of difference to the animals.
• Become a Docent at the Arizona History Museum.
• The Mission Garden needs Gardeners, Greeters and Go-Getters!
• Reid Park Zoo has many volunteer positions available.
Exhibits & Museums - NOW SHOWING
• Travelogue: Grand Destinations and Personal Journeys, through September 29.
• Free First Thursdays at the Tucson Museum of Art, from 5-8pm
• Art in the Park, Exhibits at Tohono Chul Park. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Butterflies and their Plants, Sundays at 10am Tohono Chul Park.
History & Education
• Candle Dipping or Soap Making, 2nd Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Historical Museum.
• Tours of Hacienda de la Canoa. Tuesdays and Saturdays at 11am
• Docent led Tours of the Empire Ranch, 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 11am.
• Free Guided Tours at the Arizona History Museum, 1st & 3rd Saturdays at 11:30am
• First Fridays at the Arizona History Museum, 2 for1 admission and new free program every month. 4-8pm
• Docent led Presidio Tours, Sundays and Thursdays at 11am
Nature, Health & Hiking
HIKES / NATURE WALKS / CRITTER SIGHTINGS
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
• Walk in the Park, Learn the Ecology of the Sonoran Desert while walking the ground of Tohono Chul Park. Most days, specific times
• Reptile Ramble, Lean about the Critters of Tohono Chul Park . Fridays at 10am.
• Butterflies and their Plants at Tohono Chul Park, Saturdays and Sundays at 10am
• Guided Bird Hikes, Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8 am.
• Birds of Tohono Chul Park, several days/times a week.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
• Twilight Thursdays and Al Fresco Fridays, Tucson Botanical Garden is open 5 - 8pm
• Tour the Mission Garden, Wednesday - Saturdays, 8am-2pm.
• Desert Landscaping at Tohono Chul Park, 3rd Saturdays at 10 am
For the Whole Family
• Locomotive Saturdays at the Transportation Museum.
• Cavalry Craft Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Museum. A different craft every Saturday through July 2019.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays and Sundays, 11am
• Roll Out Science, Sundays at the Children's Museum, 1:30pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm
• Kids Create at the Museum of Miniatures, 2nd Saturdays, 12-3pm
• The Gadsden Pacific Toy Train Museum is Closed until September.
• Patagonia Lake State Park Boat Tours run April - October. You can still rent a boat.
• My Time Inclusion Program at the Children's Museum, 3rd Saturdays at 9am
• Model Airplane Make N Take, 1st Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• Imagine Rockets, 2nd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• How Things Fly, 3rd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum.