The Holiday Season is upon us. Check out a list of seasonal activities for Friends and Family here.
Tucson is growing. Watch out for construction zones downtown.
We are not out of this yet. If you have not gotten your vaccines, please do so for the sake of your family and our community. For more information visit Pima County Health Department here.
Please be cautious and considerate when attending venues. Follow the guidelines carefully. Protect yourself and others. This virus spreads easily.
Businesses are still struggling. Please consider a Membership or Donation to your favorite entertainment center, venue, theatre, shop, or restaurant.
Help them make a comeback.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues, and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
As always, please verify with the event organizer that the event is taking place.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your visit!
To assist you, skip to Newly Posted Events this week on this page may be highlighted.
December is all about the Holidays! Celebrate some of these events. If you are interested in unique gifts and shopping experiences, there are plenty of opportunities, not only to find the right gift but to enjoy the day as well, see our page on Unique Shopping Opportunities.
• Wee Winter Wonderland, Nov 23, 2021 - Jan 9, 2022
• Luminaria Nights in Tubac, December 3 - 4, 2021
• Annual Tamal Festival, December 4, 2021
• Annual Nordic Fair, December 4, 2021
• Fiesta de Tumacacori - December 4 -5 , 2021
• A Southwest Nutcracker, December 4 & 5, 2021
• Oro Valley Holiday Festival of the Arts, December 4- 5, 2021
• Dickens Festival and A Christmas Carol, December 4-13, 2021
• Zoo Lights at Reid Park Zoo - December 5 - 30, 2021
• 4th Avenue Winter Street Fair - December 10 - 12, 2021
• Winterhaven Festival of Lights - A Tucson Tradition - December 11 - 26, 2021
• Holiday Nights: A Million Lights at Tohono Chul Park - December 10, 11, 17 18.
• The Messiah, December 18 - 19, 2021
• Tucson Boys Chorus Annual Holiday Concert - held at UA Crowder Hall this year. December 18, 2021
• Christmas Light Parade, Canceled for 2021 - Downtown will be lit up though
• Annual Holiday Bazaar at the Mercado San Agustin, December 17 - 19, 2021
• Tucson Botanical Gardens Luminaria Nights, Now called Wanderland, December 3, 2021 - January 2, 2022
• Cascabel Community Fair - Canceled for 2021
• Annual Tombstone Historic Homes Tour, No word for 2021 yet
• La Fiesta de Guadalupe - Canceled for 2021
• Annual Ft. Huachuca Home Tour of Homes - December 11, 2021
• A Tucson Pastorela - No word for 2021 yet
Be sure to check out our Season's Activities Page here.
Advanced Sign Up and Memberships
Please consider a Membership or Donation to your favorite Venue. Help them make it through this difficult time. Check out our Performing Arts Page. All the great venues for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
Sign up early for Venues. They are smaller than they use to be, allowing for the social distancing needed to get us out of this mess.
• Broadway in Tucson is back with Hamilton, Wicked, and My Fair Lady and more.
• Register Early for Tucson Parks and Recreation's new Classes and Programs. starting late August. Check them out. Class sizes are limited. Classes are for ALL AGES.
• The FOX Theatre is BACK! You can sign up now for most shows even if you are not a member. See what's showing. Get your tickets early.
Festivals, Arts & Entertainment
Check out our Performing Arts Page. All the great venues for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
Please consider a membership or donation to your favorite venue. It's worth keeping our community going
• Annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Market in Sierra Vista, December 3, 4 - 11 pm
• Arts Express presents White Christmas, December 4 - 19.
• Troubador Concert at the Presidio, Saturday, December 4.
• Club Congress always has something going on.
• The Fred Fox School of Music has some wonderful musical events all season long. They are either free or very inexpensive. So if you are on a budget and love music, this is the place.
• Cinema Tucson, Mexican Films are now at the Fox! See what is up and coming here.
• Cave Tours for Photographers at Kartchner Caverns State Park. 3rd Saturdays.
• Check out our Annual Events Page.
See more on our Calendar of Events this week.
• For Tombstone Business Openings and events please visit the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce.
MUSEUMS & EXHIBITS
• Botanical Images on Paper at the Botanical Gardens, Through December.
• Seeing the Invisible looks like it could be a hit! Tucson Botanical Gardens through August 2022.
• Tapestries from Egypt at the TBG. Through December.
• Philabaum Glass Gallery, Desert Impressions through January 22, 2022
• We encourage you to Check our SAACA's list of ONLINE CLASSES & WORKSHOPS dedicated to Arts & Culture.
• Tubac Center of the Arts offers Workshops and Classes. See the schedule for 2021.
• Tucson Museum of Art is now open Thursday - Sunday. 10am - 5pm. You must reserve your 2-hour slot.
• Biosphere2 is OPEN! Take a tour with the TOUR APP. Make a reservation!
Benefits & Volunteering
• Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis, December 3, 5 - 7pm
• The Community Food Bank is distributing emergency food boxes at its headquarters, 7 am - 10 am, on Tuesdays - Thursdays.
• Santa Cruz Farmers' Market brought to you by the Community Food Bank has a drive up, Thursdays from 8 am - 10 am.
• The Merchants Garden has fresh Farm to Table, Lettuce, Basil, and Tilapia with Drive through convenience. Discounts for military members, health professionals, TUSD, U Arizona and Pima students and teachers, and individuals on food stamps.
Make a difference. Join a group, volunteer, donate.
• For you Eastside dwellers: If you love wildlife and animals, please consider volunteering at the Tucson Wildlife Center. They really need your help and donations.
• Empire Ranch Restoration Work 1st Saturdays most months 8-12 pm. Help preserve our heritage.
• Volunteer at PACC, Pima Animal Care Center. They desperately need your help. AND if you are a hiker you can get your exercise walking dogs! Please help. It means a world of difference to the animals.
• Did you know that the Arizona State Museum has Docent Training Programs?
• The Mission Garden always needs Gardeners, Greeters, and Go-Getters!
• Reid Park Zoo has many volunteer positions available.
History & Education
• Free Guided Tours with Admission at the Presidio del Tucson, Thursdays and Fridays at 11 am.
• Ready to Launch, A new exhibit at the Arizona History Museum, runs through November.
• Take a look around the Presidio del Tucson on a Virtual Tour.
• Visit Casa Grande National Monument. While the Visitor's Center remains closed, the compound with the Big House and ruins, and picnic area are open Tuesday - Saturdays. It's FREE!
Classes / Lectures / Talks
• Tubac Center of the Arts offers Workshops and Classes. See the schedule for 2021.
Parks, Gardens, Science, Nature, Health & Hiking
HIKES / NATURE WALKS / CRITTER SIGHTINGS
• Sunday's in the Garden Concert Series at Tohono Chul, 1:30-3:00 pm
• The Lavender Farm in Oracle is open the first Saturday and Sunday each month from 10 - noon through the end of the year.
• History in the Field Youth Workshop at the Presidio, December 6 and 20. Sign up early.
• Zoo Lights through the 23rd.
• Enchanted Snowfall at La Encantada, December 4, 6 and 6:45 pm
• Raptor Free Flight is back at the Desert Museum. Daily at 10 am except Wednesdays.
OPEN FOR FAMILIES
• Take a tour of Colossal Caves.
• Arizona Zipline is OPEN for Business.
• The International Wildlife Museum is open.
• The Museum of Miniatures is open. Advanced Timed entry ticketing. Plan your visit here.
• Golf N Stuff has reopened with new guidelines. Please follow the instructions.
• The OK Corral has reopened with guidelines. Big Nose Kate is open with strict guidelines. Please comply, it is their livelihood.
• Pima Air & Space Museum is open. Take precautions, read their Covid 19 Fact Sheet.
VIRTUAL ENTERTAINMENT FOR THE KIDS
• TUSD provides monthly Virtual Presentations to help you with your child's Virtual Education.
• The Arizona Historical Society has many educational fun ideas for kids and families. A wealth of ideas here.
• The Children's Museum has stepped up with a great group of activities for Children in the Playology Playbook!
• Take a look at this page at the Pima County Library. They have some great free videos for kids here.
• SAACA has a list of ONLINE ARTS and CULTURE for KIDS here.