If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues, and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
As always, please verify with the event coordinator that the event is taking place.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your visit!
This month is dominated by the Gem Show and the Fiesta de Los Vaqueros. The Rodeo Parade is always the Thursday after the Rodeo begins. It is a Tucson tradition that the kids get out of school for this event. The weather is improving.
• American Indian Exposition, Jan 26-Feb 16, 2020
• Tucson Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show, Feb 1 - Feb 16, 2020
• Cochise County Cowboy Poetry and Music Gathering, Feb 7-8, 2020
• Savor Food and Wine Festival, Feb 8, 2020
• Annual Fort Lowell Day Celebration, Feb 8, 2020
• 35th Annual Florence Historic Home Tour, Feb 8, 2020
• Rillito Park Horse Races -Feb 8 - March 22, 2020
• Tubac Festival of the Arts, Feb 5 - 9, 2020
• Statehood Day at El Presidio del Tucson, Feb 14, 2020
• Cruise, BBQ & Blues Classic Car Show, Feb 15, 2020
• Annual Arizona Renaissance Festival, Saturdays and Sundays, Feb 8 - March 29, 2020
• Tombstone Vigilante Days, February 15-16, 2020
• La Fiesta de Los Vaqueros Feb 15 - 23, 2020
• Tucson Rodeo Parade Feb 20, 2020
• Tubac Open Studio Tour, February 21- March 15, 2020
• Hurry. The Gardens Gala is upon us. Saturday, February 1. Tucson Botanical Garden
• The Book of Mormon at Centennial Hall, February 11 - 16, 2020.
• John Mayall at the Rialto, February 1, 8pm
• Wynonna at the Fox, February 9 , 7pm
• Classic Albums Live at the Fox, performing Hotel California, February 8, 7:30pm
• The Fox is Raffling off 2 Tickets: Shows for a year. Drawing to be held February 27.
• Season Tickets are on sale for many of the theaters in town. Find out more about the various venues on our Performing Arts Page.
• True Concord has announced their new season.
• Become a member of the Fox and get the best seats. (We love the loveseats.)
• Broadway in Tucson. Season Tickets are on Sale for the 2019-2020 Season now. Choose the best seats.
• Arizona Theatre Company. Venues in Tucson and Phoenix. Season Tickets on Sale now.
Ms. Karen's Pics
See more on our Calendar of Events this week.
• Mata Ortiz Pottery Show at the Museum of Miniatures, Friday & Saturday.
• See the sandhill cranes at Whitewater Draw. With so much rain, should be a sight to see.
• This year the Arizona Folklore Preserve has a great lineup. If you have not tried it or been in a while, go. A great small venue with great performers. Weekends.
Performing Arts & Entertainment
Check out our Performing Arts Page. All the great venues for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
• Benefit for the Tucson Folk Festival Saturday 6:30pm - 11pm
• Second Saturday's Downtown. See Venues here. Updates are spotty at best.
• Courtyard Music at the Mercado San Agustin, Saturdays 6-9 pm
• Steam Pump Ranch Concerts, Second Saturdays, 10:30 am - 12 pm
Benefits & Volunteering
Make a difference. Join a group, volunteer, donate.
• Dan's Hunger 100 Run, Join him. February 1, 5am - 5pm
• Enter the Luxury Raffle Drawing here. Sponsored by Tucson Botanical Gardens
• If you love wildlife and animals, please consider volunteering at the Tucson Wildlife Center. They really need your help and donations.
• Empire Ranch Restoration Work 1st Saturdays most months 8-12 pm. Help preserve our heritage.
• Volunteer at PACC, Pima Animal Care Center. They desperately need your help. AND if you are a hiker you can get your exercise walking dogs! Please help. It means a world of difference to the animals.
• PACC has a PET Store now. Contribute by buying your pets needs here.
• Become a Docent at the Arizona History Museum.
• The Mission Garden needs Gardeners, Greeters and Go-Getters!
• Reid Park Zoo has many volunteer positions available.
Art Exhibits & Museums - NOW SHOWING
GARDENS & ART
• Oaxacan Folk Art, Collector's Conversation, Saturday 2-3:30, TMA. Exhibit continues through August 2020.
• Harry Brorby, The Strength of a Cold Line, Tucson Museum of Art, October 19 - February 9, 2020.
• The Western Sublime: Majestic Landscapes of the American West, TMA, October 19 - February 9, 2020.
• Free First Thursdays at the Tucson Museum of Art, from 5-8pm
• Art in the Park, Exhibits at Tohono Chul Park. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Butterflies and their Plants, Sundays at 10am Tohono Chul Park.
• Second Sundaze Family Day at the Tucson Museum of Art. Sunday 10am - 5pm Free Admission
History & Education
• Mission Tours from Tumacacori start January 4, 2020 through March 30, 11am & 2pm
• Candle Dipping or Soap Making, 2nd Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Historical Museum.
• Tours of Hacienda de la Canoa. Tuesdays and Saturdays at 11am
• Docent led Tours of the Empire Ranch, 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 11am.
• Free Guided Tours at the Arizona History Museum, 1st & 3rd Saturdays at 11:30am
• Docent led Presidio Tours, Sundays and Thursdays at 11am
• Mission Archaeology at the Mission Garden, 4th Saturdays, 9am
Parks, Gardens, Science, Nature, Health & Hiking
• Thursday Gardening Hour at the Kitchen Garden, 8 am through April.
HIKES / NATURE WALKS / CRITTER SIGHTINGS
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
• Walk in the Park, Learn the Ecology of the Sonoran Desert while walking the ground of Tohono Chul Park. Most days, specific times
• Reptile Ramble, Lean about the Critters of Tohono Chul Park . Fridays at 10am.
• Butterflies and their Plants at Tohono Chul Park, Saturdays and Sundays at 10am
• Guided Bird Hikes, Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8 am.
• Birds of Tohono Chul Park, several days/times a week.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
• Twilight Thursdays and Al Fresco Fridays, Tucson Botanical Garden is open 5 - 8pm
• Tour the Mission Garden, Wednesday - Saturdays, 8am-2pm.
• Desert Landscaping at Tohono Chul Park, 3rd Saturdays at 10 am
• The Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium always has fascinating exhibits.
• Bird Walks for Beginners at Colossal Cave Mountain Park, Last Saturday monthly.
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
• Join the Boys Chorus, Rehearsals, Wednesday, Februrary 29, 4:30pm
• Oro Valley Kids Concert Saturday at 10 am
• Storytime with Cookie Mouse and more, Saturday at 2 pm
• Tiny Tales for Tots Saturday at 10:30 the Museum of Miniatures.
• Tiny Tales for Tots at the Museum of Miniatures, 3rd Wednesdays 10:30am
• Locomotive Saturdays at the Transportation Museum.
• Soap Making and/or Candle Making at Ft. Lowell Museum. Every 2nd Saturday.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays and Sundays, 11am
• Roll Out Science, Sundays at the Children's Museum, 1:30pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm
• The Gadsden Pacific Toy Train Museum is Open most 2nd and 4th Sundays except in the Summer.
• Patagonia Lake State Park Boat Tours run April - October. You can still rent a boat.
• My Time Inclusion Program at the Children's Museum, 3rd Saturdays at 9am
• Model Airplane Make N Take, 1st Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• Imagine Rockets, 2nd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• How Things Fly, 3rd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum