Holidays are here! Check out our list of MORE Holiday Events here.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
As always, please verify with the event coordinator that the event is taking place.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your visit!
Annual Events for December 2019
December is all about the Holidays! Celebrate with some of these events. If you are interested in unique gifts and shopping experiences, there are plenty of opportunities, not only to find the right gift but to enjoy the day as well, see our page on Unique Shopping Opportunities.
• Wee Winter Wonderland, Nov 26 - Jan 5, 2019
• Zoo Lights at Reid Park Zoo - December 5 - 30, 2019
• Tubac Luminaria Nights - December 6 - 7, 2019
• Tucson Botanical Gardens Luminaria Nights, December 6 - 15, 2019
• Cascabel Community Fair - Saturday and Sunday, Dec 7 - 8, 2019
• Fiesta de Tumacacori - December 7- 8, 2019
• Annual Tombstone Historic Homes Tour, December 7, 2019
• Oro Valley Holiday Festival of the Arts, December 7 - 8, 2019
• 15th Annual Tamal Festival, December 7, 2019
• Annual Nordic Fair, December 7, 2019
• La Fiesta de Guadalupe - Sunday, December 8, 2019
• Dickens Festival and A Christmas Carol, December 6 - 8 and 13 - 15, 2019
• Tucson Boys Chorus Annual Holiday Concert - December 9 - 12, 2019
• Annual Ft. Huachuca Home Tour of Homes - December 14, 2019
• Winterhaven Festival of Lights - A Tucson Tradition - Dec 14 - 29, 2019
• Holiday Nights: A Million Lights at Tohono Chul Park. December 14 - 15, 2019
• 4th Avenue Winter Street Fair - December 13 - 15, 2019
• Christmas Light Parade, December 14, 2019
• A Tucson Pastorela - December 14 - 17, 2019
• A Southwest Nutcracker December 14-15, 2019
• The Messiah, December 14-15, 2019
• Annual Holiday Bazaar at the Mercado San Agustin, December 20 - 22, 2019
• Ballet Tucson's Nutcracker, December 28 - 29, 2019
• Annual Downtown Parade of Lights - Saturday, November 30, 2019
• Kartchner Caverns Photo Tours, Dec 7.
• David Sanborn at the Fox! January 11, 2020
• True Concord - Lessons and Carols by Candlelight, December 12 - 15.
• Jesus Christ Superstar, December 3-8 is on Sale now, but You will probably need Season Tickets to Broadway in Tucson to see Hamilton next year.
• America Sings, True Concord, January 24-26, 2020
• The Book of Mormon at Centennial Hall, February 11 - 16, 2020.
• Dragoon Springs Stage Station Tour, January 4, 2020
• Season Tickets are on sale for many of the theaters in town. Find out more about the various venues on our Performing Arts Page.
• True Concord has announced their new season.
• Become a member of the Fox and get the best seats. (We love the loveseats.)
• Broadway in Tucson. Season Tickets are on Sale for the 2019-2020 Season now. Choose the best seats.
• Arizona Theatre Company. Venues in Tucson and Phoenix. Season Tickets on Sale now.
Ms. Karen's Pics
See more on our Calendar of Events this week.
Performing Arts & Entertainment
• World Axe Throwing Championship at the Outlet Mall. Saturday from 10am - 9pm
• Holiday Pet Expo in Phoenix, Saturday and Sunday
• Apples in Winter at the Community Playhouse, December 1 - 13
• For Love or Money, December 5 - 7
• CBCTAC Comedy Show, December 7
• Second Saturday's Downtown. See Venues here.
• Courtyard Music at the Mercado San Agustin, Saturdays 6-9pm
• Tucson Premium Outlet presents Saturday Concerts, Saturday's 5-8pm through December.
• Steam Pump Ranch Concerts, Second Saturdays, 10:30 - 12pm
Benefits & Volunteering
• Holiday Pawction - HSSA's Holiday Online Auction November 28 - December 10
• 11th Annual Shriners Car Show, Saturday, 9-3 pm
• St. Francis de Sales Holiday Shopping Boutique, Saturday and Sunday 10am - 3pm
• Pet Loss Support Group at HSSA Sunday at 1pm
• Celebration of Heritage Concerts at the J, Sunday at 2pm
Make a difference. Join a group, volunteer, donate.
• If you love wildlife and animals, please consider volunteering at the Tucson Wildlife Center. They really need your help and donations.
• Empire Ranch Restoration Work 1st Saturdays most months 8-12 pm. Help preserve our heritage.
• Volunteer at PACC, Pima Animal Care Center. They desperately need your help. AND if you are a hiker you can get your exercise walking dogs! Please help. It means a world of difference to the animals.
• Become a Docent at the Arizona History Museum.
• The Mission Garden needs Gardeners, Greeters and Go-Getters!
• Reid Park Zoo has many volunteer positions available.
Art Exhibits & Museums - NOW SHOWING
• The Worm Eats Its Tail, November 22 - January 23, 2020
GARDENS & ART
• Oaxacan Folk Art, Collector's Conversation, Saturday 2-3:30, TMA. Exhibit continues through August 2020.
• Harry Brorby, The Strength of a Cold Line, Tucson Museum of Art, October 19 - February 9, 2020.
• The Western Sublime: Majestic Landscapes of the American West, TMA, October 19 - February 9, 2020.
• Catharsis – Rachel Ivanyi & Joanna Taylor, Tucson Botanical Gardens, October 17 - January 5, 2020
• Pearls of Eden, Wil Taylor, Tucson Botanical Gardens, October 5 - January 3, 2020
• Fresh Views, Glass Art at the Philabaum Gallery, through January 25, 2020.
• Light Art, Inspiration from Flowers, through January 5, 2020.
• Free First Thursdays at the Tucson Museum of Art, from 5-8pm
• Art in the Park, Exhibits at Tohono Chul Park. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Butterflies and their Plants, Sundays at 10am Tohono Chul Park.
• Second Sundaze Family Day at the Tucson Museum of Art. Sunday 10am - 5pm Free Admission
History & Education
• Join us Sunday, December 15 for a History and Libation Tour. Explore Downtown and picture it as it was in the 19th Century when Arizona was a Territory.
• Candle Dipping or Soap Making, 2nd Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Historical Museum.
• Tours of Hacienda de la Canoa. Tuesdays and Saturdays at 11am
• Docent led Tours of the Empire Ranch, 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 11am.
• Free Guided Tours at the Arizona History Museum, 1st & 3rd Saturdays at 11:30am
• Docent led Presidio Tours, Sundays and Thursdays at 11am
• Mission Archaeology at the Mission Garden, 4th Saturdays, 9am
Parks, Gardens, Science, Nature, Health & Hiking
HIKES / NATURE WALKS / CRITTER SIGHTINGS
• Park to Park Hikers Shuttle from Tubac to Tumacacori. 8-12pm Sunday.
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
• Walk in the Park, Learn the Ecology of the Sonoran Desert while walking the ground of Tohono Chul Park. Most days, specific times
• Reptile Ramble, Lean about the Critters of Tohono Chul Park . Fridays at 10am.
• Butterflies and their Plants at Tohono Chul Park, Saturdays and Sundays at 10am
• Guided Bird Hikes, Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8 am.
• Birds of Tohono Chul Park, several days/times a week.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
• Twilight Thursdays and Al Fresco Fridays, Tucson Botanical Garden is open 5 - 8pm
• Tour the Mission Garden, Wednesday - Saturdays, 8am-2pm.
• Desert Landscaping at Tohono Chul Park, 3rd Saturdays at 10 am
• The Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium always has fascinating exhibits.
• Bird Walks for Beginners at Colossal Cave Mountain Park, Last Saturday monthly.
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
• Oro Valley Kid's Concert Series, Saturday 10am. This week the Nutcracker Story
• Story Time with Cookie Mouse and more, Saturday at 2pm
• Second SundaZe at the Art Museum, Family Free Day
• Story Time with Papa Noel Sunday 2pm
• Locomotive Saturdays at the Transportation Museum.
• Soap Making and/or Candle Making at Ft. Lowell Museum. Every 2nd Saturday.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays and Sundays, 11am
• Roll Out Science, Sundays at the Children's Museum, 1:30pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm
• The Gadsden Pacific Toy Train Museum is Open Now most Sundays.
• Patagonia Lake State Park Boat Tours run April - October. You can still rent a boat.
• My Time Inclusion Program at the Children's Museum, 3rd Saturdays at 9am
• Model Airplane Make N Take, 1st Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• Imagine Rockets, 2nd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• How Things Fly, 3rd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum