Looks like it is going to be a quiet weekend. Well, no, I lied. Still plenty of Holiday fun. Getting all set for Christmas!
See our full Calendar of Events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
As always, please verify with the event coordinator that the event is taking place.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your visit!
December is all about the Holidays! Celebrate with some of these events. If you are interested in unique gifts and shopping experiences, there are plenty of opportunities, not only to find the right gift, but to enjoy the day as well, see our page on Unique Shopping Opportunities.
• Cascabel Community Fair - Saturday and Sunday, Dec 1-2, 2018
• Fiesta de Tumacacori - Dec 1-2, 2018
• Holiday Nights: A Million Lights at Tohono Chul Park. Nov 30 -Dec 1, Dec 7- 8, 14-15, 2018
• Tucson Botanical Gardens Luminaria Nights, Nov 30 - Dec 9, 2018
• Annual Tombstone Historic Homes Tour, Dec 1, 2018
• Oro Valley Holiday Festival of the Arts, Dec 1-2, 2018
• 14th Annual Tamal Festival, December 1, 2018
• 37th Annual Nordic Fair, December 1, 2018
• Dickens Festival and A Christmas Carol, December 7-9 and 14-16, 2018
• Annual Ft. Huachuca Home Tour of Homes - Dec 8, 2018
• La Fiesta de Guadalupe - December 9, 2018
• Tubac Luminaria Nights - Friday and Saturday, Dec 7-8, 2018
• 4th Avenue Winter Street Fair - December 7-9, 2018
• Christmas Light Parade, December 8, 2018
• Tucson Boys Chorus Annual Holiday Concert - Dec 10-13, 2018
• A Tucson Pastorela - Dec 14-17, 2018
• Annual Holiday Bazaar at the Mercado San Agustin, December 14 - 16, 2018
• Annual Downtown Parade of Lights - Sat. Dec 15, 2018
• A Southwest Nutcracker Saturday and Sunday, Dec 15-16, 2018
• Messiah, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 15-16, 2018
• New Year's at the Fox with the Hot Sardines! 8:30pm.
• Tucson Wildlife Center's Annual Benefit is March 3, 2019 at the Skyline Country Club. Born to be Wild! More info coming soon.
• Season Tickets are on sale for many of the theaters in town. Find out more about the various venues on our Performing Arts Page.
• Become a member of the Fox and get the best seats. (We like the loveseats.)
• Season Tickets are on Sale for Broadway in Tucson. Choose the best seats.
• Arizona Theatre Company. Venues in Tucson and Phoenix. Season Tickets on Sale now.
Ms. Karen's Pics
See our Calendar of Events this week.
Classes / Workshops
Charity / Benefits & Volunteering
• Christmas at the Arroyo Cafe, Saturday at 2pm. If you have not seen it, Go. Fun for all.
• Volunteer at PACC, Pima Animal Care Center. They desperately need your help. AND if you are a hiker you can get your exercise walking dogs! Please help. It means a world of difference to the animals.
• Need Volunteers for 2nd Saturdays Buffelgrass Pull 8-11am
• Become a Docent at the Arizona History Museum.
• The Mission Gardens needs Gardeners, Greeters and Go-Getters!
• Reid Park Zoo has many volunteer positions available.
Arts & Entertainment
Check out our Performing Arts Page. All the great venues for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
• New this year. Lights of the World Show, November 8 - January 2 at Kino Sports Complex from 5-10pm.
Exhibits & Museums - NOW SHOWING
• An Exhibition of Nature inspired art from Syrian Refuges. Through December 31.
• The Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium always has fascinating exhibits.
• Free First Thursdays at the Tucson Museum of Art, from 5-8pm
• Art in the Park, Exhibits at Tohono Chul Park. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
• Tubac Center of the Arts has three new exhibits, Next Generation Art, and Albert Tucci, and Cowboy Christmas through December 2.
History & Education
• Presidio District Walking Tour, Saturday at 10:30
• Blacksmithing Demonstration at the Presidio. Saturday 10:30 - 1pm.
• Guided History Hikes by the Friends of the San Pedro River. - Saturday Fairbank Historic Townsite, 1pm.
• Docent led Presidio Tours, Sundays and Thursdays at 11am
• Tours of Hacienda de la Canoa. Saturdays at 12pm
• Docent led Tours of the Empire Ranch, 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 11am.
• Free Guided Tours at the Arizona History Museum, 1st & 3rd Saturdays at 11:30am
• First Fridays at the Arizona History Museum, 2 for1 admission. 4-8pm
• John Slaughter's Changing West, Arizona History Museum through Aug 2019.
Nature, Health & Hiking
HIKES / NATURE WALKS
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
• Walk in the Park, Learn the Ecology of the Sonoran Desert while walking the ground of Tohono Chul Park. Most days, specific times
• Reptile Ramble, Lean about the Critters of Tohono Chul Park . Fridays at 10am.
• Butterflies and their Plants at Tohono Chul Park, Saturdays and Sundays at 10am
OTHER / ONGOING
• Candle Dipping, 2nd Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Historical Museum.
• Twilight Thursdays and Al Fresco Fridays, Tucson Botanical Garden is open 5 - 8pm
• Tour the Mission Garden, Saturdays, 10am-2pm in Winter, 8am-12pm in Summer.
• Desert Landscaping at Tohono Chul Park, 3rd Saturdays at 10am
• Butterfly Magic at the TBG, through May 2019
For the Whole Family
• Paws and Pages, a literacy program at the HSSAZ, Every two weeks through December 22.
• Locomotive Saturdays at the Transportation Museum.
• Calvary Craft Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Museum
• S.T.E.A.M. Sundays at the Children's Museum. $3 Admission. Closed New Year's Day.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays, 1-5pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm
• Kids Create at the Museum of Miniatures, 2nd Saturdays, 12-3pm
• The Gadsden Pacific Toy Train Museum is open most 2nd and 4th Sundays 12:30 - 4:30pm
• Patagonia Lake State Park Boat Tours.
• My Time Inclusion Program at the Children's Museum, 3rd Saturdays at 9am
• Model Ariplane Make N Take, 1st Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• Imagine Rockets, 2nd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• How Things Fly, 3rd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum.