Happy Easter Everyone!
See our full Calendar of Events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
As always, please verify with the event coordinator that the event is taking place.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your visit!
• Arizona International Film Festival April 10-21, 2019
• Pima County Fair April 17 - 27, 2019
• Marana Bluegrass Festival, April 15 - 17, 2019
• 63rd Annual Easter Sunrise Service, Sanctuary Cove, April 21, 2019
• Agave Heritage Festival - April 23 - May 5, 2019
• Annual Tucson Mariachi Conference - April 23 -29, 2019
• Willcox West Fest Ranch Rodeo and Chuck Wagon Cookoff, April 26-28, 2019
• 26th Annual Desert Gala at the Desert Museum, April 26th, 2019
• Annual Rodders Days - April 27, 2019
• To Kick off the Agave Festival, take a Tour of the Campus Arboretum, Sunday, April 21, 1:30 - 3pm
• All Things Agave at the Agave Fiesta, Signature Event at Hotel Congress, Saturday, April 27, 7pm - 10pm
• 26th Annual Desert Museum Gala, Sunday, April 28.
• The Monte Awards, High School Musical Theatre Finals, May 12, 7-9:30pm
• Season Tickets are on sale for many of the theaters in town. Find out more about the various venues on our Performing Arts Page.
• Become a member of the Fox and get the best seats. (We love the loveseats.)
• Broadway in Tucson. Season Tickets are on Sale for the 2019-2020 Season now. Choose the best seats.
• Arizona Theatre Company. Venues in Tucson and Phoenix. Season Tickets on Sale now.
Ms. Karen's Pics
See more on our Calendar of Events this week.
Arts & Entertainment
Check out our Performing Arts Page. All the great venues for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
• The Arizona History Museum is having their Spring Sale. Friday and Saturday, 11-4pm.
• Enchanted Evenings at Yume Gardens, Friday - Sunday 6:30 - 8:30pm
• Spring Awakening UA play at the Tornabene through April 28.
• Second Saturday's Downtown See Venues here.
Benefits / Volunteering
• 26th Annual Desert Museum Gala, Sunday, April 28.
Make a difference. Join a group.
• 3 volunteers are needed to plant Agave at Sanctuary Cove for Bat Conservation. Saturday, April 27.
• If you love wildlife and animals, please consider volunteering at the Tucson Wildlife Center. They really need your help and donations.
• Empire Ranch Restoration Work 1st Saturdays most months 8-12pm. Help preserve our heritage.
• Volunteer at PACC, Pima Animal Care Center. They desperately need your help. AND if you are a hiker you can get your exercise walking dogs! Please help. It means a world of difference to the animals.
• Need Volunteers for 2nd Saturdays Buffelgrass Pull 8-11am
• Become a Docent at the Arizona History Museum.
• The Mission Gardens needs Gardeners, Greeters and Go-Getters!
• Reid Park Zoo has many volunteer positions available.
Exhibits & Museums - NOW SHOWING
• Women of Mariachi at the Sosa Carillo House, Wed - Sat through May 5.
• John Slaughter's Changing West, Arizona History Museum through Aug 2019.
• The Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium always has fascinating exhibits.
• Sakura: Photography by Mark Taylor at Yumé Gardens February 2 - May 4.
• Black Tulips at the TBG, January 19 - April 28.
• Robert J. Wick: Earth, Life, Man, Sculpture Exhibit at TBG, January 26 - June 30
• Butterfly Magic through May 31, 2019 at Tucson Botanical Gardens.
• Manubu Saito Exhibition and Sale, April 19 - September 1
• Quilts in the Gardens, Tucson Botanical Gardens, May 5 - Sept 29
• Blue Tears at the Tucson Museum of Art, through April 21
• LocalScapes: Historic meets Modern at the YWCA through June 30.
• Carlos Estévez:Entelechy, Tucson Museum of Art, through May 5.
• The Wine Dark Sea at Tubac Arts Center, May 5 - May 26
History & Education
CLASSES / LECTURES
• Cactus and Succulents, Friday 1:30pm at Oro Valley Public Library
• Aquaponics and Hydroponics, Saturday 10am atMurphy- Wilmot Library
• How to Prune, Saturday, 3-4:30pm Himmel Park Library.
• Campus Arboretum Tour, Sunday at 1:30pm
• Living Superior - History of Superior Arizona,Sunday 1-2pm
• Candle Dipping, 2nd Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Historical Museum.
• Tours of Hacienda de la Canoa. Tuesdays and Saturdays at 11am
• Docent led Tours of the Empire Ranch, 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 11am.
• Free Guided Tours at the Arizona History Museum, 1st & 3rd Saturdays at 11:30am
• First Fridays at the Arizona History Museum, 2 for1 admission and new free program every month. 4-8pm
• Docent led Presidio Tours, Sundays and Thursdays at 11am
Nature, Health & Hiking
HIKES / NATURE WALKS / CRITTER SIGHTINGS
• Guided Hike to Coronado Peak, Sunday 9am - 11am
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
• Walk in the Park, Learn the Ecology of the Sonoran Desert while walking the ground of Tohono Chul Park. Most days, specific times
• Reptile Ramble, Lean about the Critters of Tohono Chul Park . Fridays at 10am.
• Butterflies and their Plants at Tohono Chul Park, Saturdays and Sundays at 10am
• Butterfly Magic, Tucson Botanical Gardens, through May 31, 2019. A favorite! Have lunch at the Café.
• Guided Bird Hikes, Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8 am.
• Birds of Tohono Chul Park, several days/times a week.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
OTHER / ONGOING
• Twilight Thursdays and Al Fresco Fridays, Tucson Botanical Garden is open 5 - 8pm
• Tour the Mission Garden, Wednesday - Saturdays, 8am-2pm.
• Desert Landscaping at Tohono Chul Park, 3rd Saturdays at 10 am
• Butterfly Magic at the Tucson Botanical Garden, through May 2019
For the Whole Family
• Easter Egg Hunt at Christ Community Church, Saturday 10-12pm
• Easter Extravaganzoo at the Zoo, Saturday and Sunday 8-10am
• Easter Egg Hunt at Udall Park, Hosted by Sabino Baptist Church, Saturday at 10am
• StoryTime at the PackRat Playhouse, Friday 2-5yrs. Saturday 6-12yrs, 9am
• Locomotive Saturdays at the Transportation Museum.
• Calvary Craft Saturdays at Ft. Lowell Museum
• S.T.E.A.M. Sundays at the Children's Museum. $3 Admission. Closed New Year's Day.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays, 1-5pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm
• Kids Create at the Museum of Miniatures, 2nd Saturdays, 12-3pm
• The Gadsden Pacific Toy Train Museum is open most 2nd and 4th Sundays 12:30 - 4:30pm
• Patagonia Lake State Park Boat Tours.
• My Time Inclusion Program at the Children's Museum, 3rd Saturdays at 9am
• Model Ariplane Make N Take, 1st Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• Imagine Rockets, 2nd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum
• How Things Fly, 3rd Saturdays, Pima Air & Space Museum.
• Nature Play Days at the Zoo, Last Saturday through May, 10-1pm