Also see our page on Annual Events
Suggested Feature Events
as well as
- This event has passed.
Fall Harvest Trip to Patagonia, AZ
November 15 at 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
This one-day trip is an educational venture into bountiful heritage horticulture, regenerative farming, seed saving, Landscape-level restoration, and wildlife corridor design!
$110/person ($95 for Mission Garden docents)
You will visit:
1. Borderlands Wildlife Preserve for restoration and wildlife corridor maintenance.
2. Deep Dirt Farm’s regenerative farming, home-made adobe casitas, and the most efficient downhome composting toilets in America.
3. Enjoy local and very beautiful farm-to-table picnic.
4. Borderlands Restoration Network’s Greenhouses, seed lab, and giant sacaton restoration project.
5. Tucson Audubon’s Paton Center for Hummingbirds on lush Sonoita Creek. Arrive just before dusk when the hummers are actively preparing for the night.
Your Trip Includes: Transportation, lectures, munchies, camaraderie, hands-on participation, and best of all a spectacularly elegant locally grown picnic luncheon at Deep Dirt Farm.
* You may submit an event for consideration for publication here. https://southernarizonaguide.com/events/community/add/
Submission of your event does not guarantee that it will be published. Advertisers, free events and events deemed of interest to the general public are given priority.