People often ask me, "Jim, which is the best Mexican restaurant in Tucson?" I've eaten at so many, but could I give them a fairly objective appraisal?
Over the 2011 holidays, I invited the 13 members of my visiting family to help determine the Best Mexican Restaurant in all of Tucson. After several years of experimenting, I had already discounted several contenders and settled on Three Finalists, listed here in the order we ranked them.
NOTE: This ranking was unanimous.
The 3 Finalists
Click on the links for a full review.
- Cafe' Poca Cosa; Downtown on Pennington. Upscale Mexican.
- El Charro Cafe' - Downtown on Court Street near the Tucson Museum of Art & Historic Block. Family owned and run since 1922
- Theresa's Mosaic Cafe' hidden behind the McDonald's just west of Silverbell & Grant. Classic Mexican on the westside. Hand made tortillas to die for.
Read about them here and visit them all. Decide for yourselves. How would you rank the Best Mexican Restaurants?
- El Cisne Restaurant & Tequila Bar : A Review
- Is Ole’ Mexican Restaurant The Best In Tucson?
- Reforma: A Dining Review
- Atole de Pechita
- Mariscos Chihuahua: A Little Bit of Mexico In Tucson
- Charro Steak: Just How Good is it?
- Top 10 Margaritas In Tucson: Part Dos
- In Search of Tucson’s Best Margarita – Part I
- El Guero Canelo: A Delicious Tucson Bargain Meal!
- Is El Minuto Cafe’ The Best Mexican Restaurant In Tucson?
- Pollo Feliz: A Healthy Meal At A Bargain Price!
- El Torero Mexican Restaurant: A Review!
- Santiago’s Mexican Restaurant, Bisbee
- Cafe’ Poca Cosa – A Guest Review April 2012
- Tucson Tamale Company, Are Their Tamales The Best?
- El Charro Cafe’. In Search of The Best Mexican Restaurant in Tucson!
- Theresa’s Mosaic Cafe’. In Search Of The Best Mexican Restaurant In Tucson!
- Cafe’ Poca Cosa. In Search Of The Best Mexican Restaurant In Tucson
- Mi Nidito (My Little Nest)
- Elvira’s Restaurant – Tubac, AZ: A Review
- Blanco Tacos + Tequila. La Encantada Mall – Tucson.
- Wisdom’s Cafe’