The 390th Memorial Museum: A Pictorial.

Restored B-17 Flying Fortress at the 390th Memorial Museum on the grounds of the Pima Air & Space Museum.

From 1943 through June 1945, the 390th Bombardment Group (Heavy) was an Eighth Air Force B-17 Flying Fortress unit stationed in England. The 390th was assigned to the 13th Combat Bombardment Wing, and the group tail code was a “Square-J”. Its mission was to cripple or destroy German strategic targets, … Continue reading

The Best Downtown Tucson Museums

Early 20th Century Tucson, AZ

In no particular order, here are our recommendations for The 4 Best Downtown Tucson Museums: (1) Jewish History Museum; (2) Tucson Museum of Art; (3) El Agustin de Tucson Presidio; and (4) Arizona Historical Society Downtown Tucson Museum; (5) Southern Arizona Transportation Museum

Continue reading

Fort Huachuca Museums at Sierra Vista

Fort Huachuca near Sierra Vista, AZ

Just west of the main route through Sierra Vista is Fort Huachuca, headquarters for the U.S. Army’s Strategic Communications Command and the home of two fine military museums housed in three building on the fort. One museum is dedicated to the history of the U.S. Army in the American Southwest.

Continue reading

Franklin Automobile Museum

Franklin Automotive Museum

Watch this Video Presentation featuring The Franklin Automobile Museum, a fine classic car collection including representative examples of all Franklin automobiles. The H. H. Franklin Foundation is an educational museum of cars and displays.

Continue reading

Bird Cage Theater – Tombstone

Bird-Cage1

Bill Hunley is the manager of the Bird Cage Theater, Tombstone’s most notorious saloon, gambling hall, and house of ill-repute. It’s been in his family since the 1930’s. The Bird Cage is now a museum, but what an extraordinary museum it is. Watch the video to get a glimpse.

Continue reading

The J. Knox Corbett House

J. Knox Corbett House - Tucson

A historical tour of the J. Knox Corbett House, a Tucson merchant’s home from the early 20th Century.
An elegant two-story, stucco-covered brick structure built in the mission revival style, was completed in 1907 and lived in by members of the Corbett family for fifty-six years. J. Knox Corbett and his wife Lizzie Hughes Corbett built the house on the northwest corner of the block next to the Stevens House and near the Tucson Museum of Art.

Continue reading