See our full Calendar of Events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your year!
December is all about the Holidays! Celebrate with some of these events. If you are interested in unique gifts and shopping experiences, there are plenty of opportunities, not only to find the right gift, but to enjoy the day as well, see our page on Unique Shopping Opportunities.
• Holiday Nights: A Million Lights at Tohono Chul Park. Friday & Saturday, 3 weekends - Dec 2-3, Dec 9-10, Dec 16-17, 2016
• A Tucson Pastorela - Dec 1-11, 2016
• 3nd Annual Tombstone Historic Homes Tour, Dec 3, 2016
• Luminaria Nights - Tucson Botanical Gardens, Dec 2-4, Dec 9-11, 2016
• Annual BICAS Art Auction, Dec 2-3, 2016
• Zoo Lights at Reid Park Zoo - Dec 7 - 23, 2016
• Tubac Luminaria Nights - Friday and Saturday, Dec 2-3, 2016
• Tucson Tamal and Heritage Festival - Saturday, Dec 3, 2016
• Cascabel Community Fair - Saturday and Sunday, Dec 3-4, 2016
• Fiesta de Tumacacori - Saturday and Sunday, Dec 3-4, 2016
• 4th Avenue Winter Street Fair - Friday - Sunday, Dec 9- 11, 2016
• 6th Annual Amado Chili Cookoff and Car Show, December 10, 2016
• Winterhaven Festival of Lights - A Tucson Tradition - December 10-26, 2016
• 24th Annual Ft. Huachuca Home Tour of Homes - Saturday Dec 10, 2016
• Luminarias at Tombstone Courthouse, Saturday, Dec 10, 2016
• A Southwest Nutcracker Saturday and Sunday, Dec 10-11, 2016
• Messiah, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 10-11, 2016
• Tucson Boys Chorus Annual Holiday Concert - Saturday, December 17-18, 2016
• Magic of Christmas - Dec. 17-18, 2016
• Annual Holiday Bazaar at the Mercado San Agustin, Friday - Sunday, Dec 16-18, 2016
• 22nd Annual Downtown Parade of Lights - Saturday, Dec 17, 2016
• La Fiesta de Guadalupe - DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, Sunday, Dec 18, 2016
Ms. Karen's Picks
We are sure you can find some hidden gems out there that we have not found, but these are our recommendations.
• Cooking Series with Chef Debbie at the Amerind, Saturday at 10am
• Fall Wine Tour at Maynards, Friday 6-8pm
• Amado Chili Cookoff, Saturday 10am-3pm
• 24th Annual Ft. Huachuca Historic Tour of Homes, Saturday 12-4pm
Arts & Entertainment
Season Tickets for many venues are still available. Check out our Performing Arts Page.
• Something Something Theatre presents Boston Marriage, December 1-16
• Elvis at the Fox! Friday 7:30 pm
• TSO presents the Messiah, Saturday and Sunday.
• Classics and Christmas Tour at the Fox, Sunday at 7:30
• Frida Kahlo, Art, Garden, Life at the TBG
• Sunday's in the Garden Concert series from 1:30-3pm.
• Chasing Villa at the Arizona History Museum, Ongoing. Good for a HOT day. Closed Sundays.
• Photographic Memory, an Ansel Adams exhibit at the Tubac Center of the Arts
• A Palette of Fiber Arts, at the Jewish Community Center through Nov 20
• Discover the Rich History of Chocolate, Tubac, Saturday 10am - 1pm.
• Living History Days at the Presidio del Tucson, Saturday 10am-3pm
• Luminaria Night at the Presidio del Tucson, Saturday 5-9pm
• Beeswax Candle Dipping at Fort Lowell, Saturday 11am-3pm
• Docent led Tour of Fairbank Townsite, Saturday at 1pm
• Apollo 8 Mission to the Moon, Tubac, Saturday at 2pm
Nature & Hiking
• Hike the Path of the Ancestors, Friday at 9am.
• Brown Canyon Hike, 2nd & 4th Saturdays at 9am near Arivaca
• Birding at Sweetwater Wetlands, Saturday at 8am.
• A Night under the Stars, Saturday at 6:30pm
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• Guided Bird Hikes, Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8 am.
• Tour the Mission Garden, Saturdays, 10am-2pm in Winter, 8am-12pm in Summer.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
• Hummingbird Banding at San Pedro House, Saturdays through October 8 at 4pm.
For Kids and Families
• Boots and Saddle Club at Ft. Lowell, A different Craft program every Sunday.
• S.T.E.A.M. Sundays at the Children's Museum. $3 Admission.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays, 1-5pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm