Little else goes on this month as the Gem and Mineral Show hits town, except of course the biggest rodeo around, La Fiesta de Los Vaqueros! See our Full Calendar of Events here.
Annual Events and Festivals
• Tucson Gem, Mineral and Fossil Showcase, Feb 1-15
• Cochise County Cowboy Poetry and Music Gathering, Feb 6-8
• Rillito Park Horse Races - Feb 7 - April 11
• 54th Tubac Festival of the Arts, Feb 4-8
• Tombstone Vigilante Days, Feb 14-16
• La Fiesta de Los Vaqueros Feb 21 - March 1
• Tucson Rodeo Parade Feb 16th - 9am.
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen's Pics
• Everyone should check out the Gem Show. Be sure to ride the StreetCar.
• The Arizona Folklore Preserve is the best deal for music in an intimate venue!
• Sunday in the Park at Colossal Cave Mountain Park: Van Fowers discusses the history of La Posta Quemda Ranch and the CCC, Civilian Conservation Corps. Come for the day, lots for the kids to do.
• Invisible Theatre present a romantic comedy. Stella and Lou. Until Feb 1.
• Arizona Opera presents Eugene Onegin - Two days only! Jan 31 and Feb1.
• Wondering what to do for Valentine's Day? Try the Carnival of Illusion. 4 Shows! Tickets are selling fast. A memorable event.
Every Second Saturday is $2 admission day at the Children's Museum.
On a clear Sunday morning in early February, Neighbor Roy, Ms. Karen, & I arrived at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum for our 2nd Behind The Scenes tour, this time of the new Warden Aquarium. Lacey was our guide for our group of 8, including two little boys who looked to be about 4 and 6 […]Continue reading
Every Saturday, Free with admission to the Arizona State Museum, Cultural Crafts for the Kids. Adults $5, Children Free. Learn more here.
Nature & Hiking
- • Mission Garden Tours every Saturday, 8am-12 pm April - November. A little bit nature, conservation, history. More information at the Friends of Tucson Birthplace.
- • Interpretive River Walk at the San Pedro House Saturdays at 8am.
- • Sundays, at the Sierra Vista Environmental Operations Park is a docent lead Bird Walk at 8am. Learn more about it in this video by Mike Foster.
- • Tohono Chul Bird Walks - M,W,F,Sat. 8:30 am