See our full Calendar of Events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
If you can't find it here, look at our new list of websites that have Special Events here.
Check out our Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. Season Tickets for many venues are now on sale.
Visiting Southern Arizona and looking for what will be happening while you are here?
Our Annual Events Page will help you plan your year!
Please consider helping maintain the Whitewater Draw this winter with a donation.
January is the worst winter month weatherwise as far as I am concerned. Temperatures can get down to freezing several mornings this month. So perhaps, that is why so many events are indoors this time of year, except, of course for Soccer, whose players probably appreciate the cooler temps. By February, we are already warming up and looking forward to those shirtsleeve days again.
• 9th Annual Tucson Clogging Festival, Jan 13-14, 2017
• Fall Toy Train Show and Meet, Jan 13-14, 2017
• Wings Over Willcox, Jan 11-15, 2017
• Tucson Fringe Festival - Jan 13 - 15, 2017
• 25th Annual Tucson Jewish Film Festival, Jan 12-22, 2017
• Tucson Jazz Festival, Jan 12-22, 2017
• Tubac Annual Homes Tour, Jan 14, 2017
• Fort Lowell Soccer Shootout, Jan 13-15, 2017
• La Encantada Fine Art Festival, Jan 21-22, 2017
• Tucson Gem, Mineral and Fossil Show, Jan 28 - Feb 12, 2017
• Tucson Desert Song Festival, Jan 18 - Feb 5, 2017
• Dillinger Days 1934 Street Festival, Jan 20-21, 2017
• American Indian Exposition, Jan 29-Feb 12, 2017
Ms. Karen's Picks
If you find something very special that we should know about send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts & Entertainment
Season Tickets for many venues are still available. Check out our Performing Arts Page.
• Dirty Dancing on Stage! Jan 24-29
• Take the kids to see Aladdin! Saturday at 2pm.
• Arizona Opera does Madame Butterfly, Sat and Sunday only.
• A favorite of ours is the Arizona Folklore Preserve, every weekend a different show. 2pm Saturdays and Sundays
• Frida Kahlo, Art, Garden, Life at the TBG. Closed New Year's Day
• Chasing Villa at the Arizona History Museum, Ongoing. Closed Sundays.
• Photographic Memory, an Ansel Adams exhibit at the Tubac Center of the Arts.
Nature & Hiking
• Sunday Hikes in Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8am.
• Guided Bird Hikes, Catalina State Park, Sundays at 8 am.
• Tour the Mission Garden, Saturdays, 10am-2pm in Winter, 8am-12pm in Summer.
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 8am winter, 7am in the summer.
• River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 9am Winter, 8am Summer.
For Kids and Families
• Boots and Saddle Club at Ft. Lowell, A different Craft program every Sunday. Closed New Year's Day.
• S.T.E.A.M. Sundays at the Children's Museum. $3 Admission. Closed New Year's Day.
• Family Brain Boost at the Children's Museum. Science projects for the Family. Saturdays, 1-5pm
• Culture Craft Saturdays at Arizona State Museum. 10:30am - 2pm
• Kids Create at the Museum of Miniatures, 2nd Saturdays, 1-4pm
• The Toy Train Museum is open 2nd and 4th Sundays
• Patagonia Lake State Park Boat Tours.