Things heat up as Southern Arizona cools down!. See our full calendar of events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
Check out our new Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. There is plenty to do! Season Tickets for many venues are now on Sale.
Annual Events In October
• Butterfly Magic at TBG begins October 1.
• Rex Allen Days Willcox – October 2-5
• Annual Classics and Oldies, Car and Music Festival – October 4
• Earth Harmony Festival at Avalon Gardens – October 4-5
• Graham County Fair – October 9-12
• Tucson Film and Music Festival October 9 -12
• Tucson Meet Yourself – October 10 -12
• 24th Annual Bisbee 1000 – October 18.
• Butterfield Stage Days and Rodeo – Benson – October 10-11
• Patagonia Fall Festival – October 10-12
• Loft Film Festival – October 16-19
• Helldorado Days Tombstone – October 17-19
• SAHBA Fall Home & Garden Show – October 17 – 19
• Amerind’s Autumn Fest – October 18
• Anza Days – October 18.
• World Margarita Championships – October 18
• Arts in the Plaza – Saaca St. Philips Plaza Oct 18 & 19
• Tucson Celtic Festival & Highland Games – October 31 – November 2
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen’s Pics
• Sunday in the Park! This Month: The Lifecycle of Butterflies.
• It’s Rex Allen Days in Willcox. Cowboys and Wine. What a duet!
• Take the family out to Avalon Gardens for the Earth Harmony Festival.
• Shakespeare in the Park. 7pm. Himmel Park. Three Weekends only! Bring a blanket or chairs. $5 donation requested.
• Arizona Theatre Company presents: Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
• Sunday at the Fox – An interview with Linda Ronstadt. Free! Backstage ticket reception, $125.
• Summer Concerts in the Park, last show at Silverbell Park for the summer. Saturday 7pm. Bring a blanket or chairs.
• First Saturdays Concert Series at Catalina State Park 5pm. Cowboy Guitar and Blues.
• The Invisible Theatre presents I and You. Saturday and Sunday .
• Nature Stories at Agua Caliente Park. Friday, 10-11. Youngsters.
• Kid’s Create at the Museum of Miniatures every Second Saturday.
• Model Airplane Make N Take for Kids 5 + at Pima Air and Space. Saturday, Reservations recommended.
Spend the Day at the Tucson Children’s Museum!
Every Second Saturday is $2 admission day at the Children’s Museum.
On a clear Sunday morning in early February, Neighbor Roy, Ms. Karen, & I arrived at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum for our 2nd Behind The Scenes tour, this time of the new Warden Aquarium. Lacey was our guide for our group of 8, including two little boys who looked to be about 4 and 6 [...]Continue reading
Every Saturday, Free with admission to the Arizona State Museum, Cultural Crafts for the Kids. Adults $5, Children Free. Learn more here.
Nature & Hiking
- • Evening Rides at Sabino Canyon Saturday October 4. 7:30 – 8:30
- • Mission Garden Tours every Saturday, 8am-12 pm April – November. A little bit nature, conservation, history. More information at the Friends of Tucson Birthplace.
- • Interpretive River Walk at the San Pedro House Saturday at 8am.
- • Sundays, at the Sierra Vista Environmental Operations Park is a docent lead Bird Walk at 8am. Learn more about it in this video by Mike Foster.
- • The Carr House is open weekends, April – October. An introduction to the Huachuca Mountains, hiking, birding, history, geography and more. Watch this video for programs.