See our Full Calendar of Events here.
For a list of Performing Arts Venues and links to the website, please see our Performing Arts page here.
Annual Events and Festivals
March is Archaeology Month. Visit Arizona State Parks to learn more!
• Rillito Park Horse Races - Feb 7 - April 11
• 12th Annual Rails in the Garden Tour - March 7 & 8
• Tucson Festival of Books, - March 14-15
• Wa:k Powwow San Xavier Mission, March 14-15
• Tucson Winter Chamber Music Festival, - March 15-22
• Tucson Conquistadors Classic- Golf at Tucson National - March 16-22
• Fourth Avenue Spring Street Fair, - March 20-22
• Picacho Peak Reenactment Battle - March 21 & 22
• Southwest Indian Art Fair - March 28 & 29
• Spring Artisans Market, - March 27-29
• SAHBA Home & Patio Show, March 27-29
• SAACA Chalk Art Festival - March 28-29
• Empire 100 Western Art Show and Sale, March 29 - April 19
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen's Pics
• This one is for the KIDS! An early visit from the Easter Bunny at Funtastics! Sunday, March 29 12-2pm.
• El Presidio is having a Mini History Book Festival. Saturday, 1pm.• Downtown Tucson Museum of Art Spring Artisans Market is Friday - Sunday. Always a pleasure.
• The Empire 100 Western Art Show and Sale is at the Tucson Desert Art Museum this year. Opening reception is Sunday, March 29 from 2-5. Proceeds benefit the Empire Ranch Foundation. To request tickets please visit the site. Send email to: email@example.com.
• We love the San Pedro Riparian Conservation Area. (SPRNCA). The Friends of the San Pedro River are hosting a hike to the Murray Spring Clovis site.
• Here's a new one. Music in the Canyon (Madera) Sunday, at 3pm
• The Hit Men at the Fox, Friday, March 27.
• MOCTOBERFEST Festival at Mercado San Agustin, Saturday March 28, 4pm-midnight. To benefit the All Souls Procession.
• Gabriel Ayala Trio at the Sea of Glass, Saturday, March 28.
Nature & Hiking
- • There are a variety of Boat Tours at Patagonia Lake State Park.
• Bird Walks at Patagonia Lake State Park. Mon & Fri. at 9am
• Mission Garden Tours every Saturday, 8am-12 pm April - November. A little bit nature, conservation, history. More information at the Friends of Tucson Birthplace.
- • Interpretive River Walk at the San Pedro House Saturdays at 8am.
- • Sundays, at the Sierra Vista Environmental Operations Park is a docent lead Bird Walk at 8am. Learn more about it in this video by Mike Foster.
- • Tohono Chul Bird Walks - M,W,F,Sat. 8:30 am
For Kids and Families
• There is always something to amaze the whole family at the Museum of Miniatures. Truly fascinating.
• Butterfly Magic continues at TBG. Kids love this.
• Chalk Art Festival at Park Place Mall.
• Tombstone at Twilight, Saturday March 28
Children's Museum is having it's Spring Break Bash! Celebrating transportation all week. Saturday, Stencil Vehicle Spray Painting. 11:30 am.
Every Second Saturday is $2 admission day at the Children's Museum.
Every Saturday, Free with admission to the Arizona State Museum, Cultural Crafts for the Kids. Adults $5, Children Free. Learn more here.