Annual Events - August
Summer Birding Festivals!
• 24th Annual Southwest Wings Birding and Nature Festival, July 29 - August 1, Sierra Vista
• 20th Annual Tombstone Vigilante 10K Run August 9.
• Tucson Bird & Wildlife Festival sponsored by the Tucson Audubon Society.
• Annual Salsa and Tequila Challenge at La Encantada. August 22, 7-10pm.
• Celebrate Tucson's Birthday at the Presidio downtown. August 20, 6-8pm.
• Southwest Wings Birding Festival, July 29-August 1
Four of our sponsors are offering reciprocity over the course of the summer. From June through August, if you are a member of: The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, Tohono Chul Park, Tucson Botanical Gardens or the Tucson Museum of Art, show your card and get into anyone of the other museums FREE!
Things to Do this Weekend
• Tour of Hacienda de la Canoa, Saturday 8:30am
• Journey through the History of the Trincheras Culture. Tubac Presidio.
• Weekly Walking Tours presented by the Tucson Historical Preservation Foundation Sundays at 6pm
Nature & Hiking
• Early Bird Weekends at Tucson Botanical Gardens, Sat. & Sun. 6:30-8:30am
• Environmental Operation Park in Sierra Vista invites you to an EOP Bird Walk every Sunday, 7am in the summer.
•River Walks along the San Pedro, Saturdays at 8am.
For Kids and Families
• Movies in the Park Returns, Friday Aug 31. This week Dragons 2.
• Musical Magic for Kids, Oro Valley, Saturday 10-11.
• Picture This! Arts and Crafts for Kids. Sunday 1pm-2pm.
• The Flandrau has a new show. SUNSTRUCK. Have you seen it?
• Night Wings at the Air & Space Museum, Saturday 5-10pm