December is all about the Holidays! Celebrate with some of these events. If you are interested in unique gifts and shopping experiences, there are plenty of opportunities, not only to find the right gift, but to enjoy the day as well, see our page on Unique Shopping Opportunities.
• Winterhaven Festival of Lights A Tucson Tradition - December 13-27
• 20th Annual Downtown Parade of Lights - Saturday, Dec 20, 6:30pm
• 10 Annual Holiday Express with Santa - Saturday, Dec 20 1-4pm at the Train Depot
New Year's Plans?
Want to celebrate this New Year's Eve in Tucson with a special event? Here are some ideas.
• Tucson Times Square Block Party at the Hotel Congress. Always a blast. Being Tucson they will drop a 15 foot taco from the building at Midnight!
• Marriott Starr Pass will again feature Rick Braun's New Year's Gala, "A Night in New Orleans."
• Westward Look Dinner and Dance.
• New Year's Eve at Casino Del Sol.
• Back to the New Year, Time Traveller's Ball at Maker House.
• New Year's Eve Fireworks and celebration at Dove Mountain. 520-572-3050
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen's Pics
• 20th Annual Downtown Parade of Lights! Saturday, 6:30pm
• Rialto to see Fitzsimmons and the Arroyo Cafe! Get your tickets before they are all sold out!
• Arvel Bird at the Arizona Folklore Preserve! Shows at 2pm, Saturday and Sunday.
• Day trip to Casa Grande for the Holiday Art Market. Saturday.
• Candlelight in the Cave, Colossal Caves, Saturday, Dec 20 6:30pm
• Holiday Nights: A Million Lights at Tohono Chul Park. Friday & Saturday, 3 weekends.
• Murder for Two. Arizona Theatre Nov 29 - Dec 20
• Come Ride the Holiday Express with Santa, Saturday 1-4pm at the Train Depot!
•The Magic of Christmas, TSO presents Saturday and Sunday
• Zoo Lights at Reid Park Zoo through Dec 23. and Dec 26-28.
• Brunch with Santa at the Reid Park Zoo is SOLD OUT!
• How Things Fly at Pima Air and Space Museum, Saturday, 1pm.
• International Wildlife Museum - Friday 8-4pm. Winter Camp!
Every Second Saturday is $2 admission day at the Children's Museum.
On a clear Sunday morning in early February, Neighbor Roy, Ms. Karen, & I arrived at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum for our 2nd Behind The Scenes tour, this time of the new Warden Aquarium. Lacey was our guide for our group of 8, including two little boys who looked to be about 4 and 6 […]Continue reading
Every Saturday, Free with admission to the Arizona State Museum, Cultural Crafts for the Kids. Adults $5, Children Free. Learn more here.
Nature & Hiking
- • Mission Garden Tours every Saturday, 8am-12 pm April - November. A little bit nature, conservation, history. More information at the Friends of Tucson Birthplace.
- • Interpretive River Walk at the San Pedro House Saturday at 8am.
- • Sundays, at the Sierra Vista Environmental Operations Park is a docent lead Bird Walk at 8am. Learn more about it in this video by Mike Foster.
- • Tohono Chul Bird Walks - M,W,F,Sat. 8:30 am