Summer is almost over. The kids will be back in school soon. But it is STILL HOT.
Try some ideas from our Things to do in Summer page. See our full calendar of events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen’s Pics
• The 23rd Annual Southwest Wings Birding & Nature Festival is underway. Check out the events here.
• FINALLY! The Modern Streetcar is open for Business. It is no longer Free. Learn all about how to pay and ride and where it goes at Sunlinkstreetcar.com.
• Cool Summer Nights at the Desert Museum. This Week: Conservation Night.
Nature & Hiking
- • Mission Garden Tours every Saturday, 8am-12 pm April – November. A little bit nature, conservation, history. More information at the Friends of Tucson Birthplace.
- • Interpretive River Walk at the San Pedro House Saturday at 8am.
- Sundays, at the Sierra Vista Environmental Operations Park is a docent lead Bird Walk at 8am. Learn more about it in this video by Mike Foster.
- • The Carr House is open weekends, April – October. An introduction to the Huachuca Mountains, hiking, birding, history, geography and more. Watch this video for programs.
Friday, August 1
• Summer Safari Nights at Reid Park Zoo. See what’s playing.
• Jazz at Cushing Street Bar. Now Fridays too! Ride the Streetcar!
Saturday, August 2
• Come out to the Tucson Botanical Gardens in the evening for Sunset Saturday from 5 to 8pm. Enjoy musicians, Food, ice cream and the gardens.
• First Saturday’s Concerts in Catalina State Park.
• Summer Concert Series at the CrossRoads at Silverbell Park.
• Jazz at Cushing Street Bar.
Sunday, August 3
• See what is showing at The Loft Cinema here, Tucson’s Independent Arthouse.
• Rebel without a Cause at the Fox Theatre. Matinee, Come cool off.
• Friday Night Movies in the Park. Sunddown at Reid Park Pavilion.
• Visit the Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium. Open every day.
• Kid’s Film Fest at the Loft. Through July 26th. 10-12pm.
• Last Friday to enjoy Family Friday Nights at the Oro Valley Aquatic Center.
• Valley of the MOon is open every 1st Saturday at sundown for you to picnic on the lawn and and romp around this “magical place from a bygone era” with your wee ones.
• Model Airplane Make N Take at the Pima Air and Space Museum. Kids 5 and over.
On a clear Sunday morning in early February, Neighbor Roy, Ms. Karen, & I arrived at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum for our 2nd Behind The Scenes tour, this time of the new Warden Aquarium. Lacey was our guide for our group of 8, including two little boys who looked to be about 4 and 6 [...]Continue reading
Every Saturday, Free with admission to the Arizona State Museum, Cultural Crafts for the Kids. Adults $5, Children Free. Learn more here.