Those of us who are sticking out the season here, are still looking for something to do. See our Full Calendar of Events here.
For a list of Performing Arts Venues and links to the website, please see our Performing Arts page here.
Annual Events - July
4th of July Celebrations
• Tucson - Fireworks at Casino del Sol, A Mountain, and Oro Valley.
• Tombstone Arizona - An all day celebration at Medigovich Field. A Parade, Softball game, food and fireworks.
• Bisbee - Famous Coaster races at 8am down tombstone Canyon. The parade starts in Warren at 11am followed by entertainment and fireworks. They take their 4th of July seriously.
• Tubac - Old fashioned Fourth of July at the Presidio from 10am - noon. Free games, hot dogs and watermelon and a squirt down by the Fire Department.
Later This Month
• 24th Annual Southwest Wings Birding and Nature Festival, July 29 - August 1, Sierra Vista
• 6th Annual Garlic Festival. July 25-26, Dragoon
Four of our sponsors are offering reciprocity over the course of the summer. From June through August, if you are a member of: The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, Tohono Chul Park, Tucson Botanical Gardens or the Tucson Museum of Art, show your card and get into anyone of the other museums FREE!
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen's Pics
• Up for something different this 4th? Go to the Full Moon Festival at the Desert Museum this Saturday at 5pm . We might be able to catch the fireworks on the way home at Gates Pass.
• Dolan Ellis at the Arizona Folklore Preserve this weekend. Sat. and Sun at 2pm
• Well, it's all about the Fourth of July isn't it?
• Try the Loft Cinema for Late Night Cult Classics. Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm
• Weekly Walking Tours presented by the Tucson Historical Preservation Foundation Sundays at 6pm
Nature & Hiking
• Stop by the Carr House on Sunday, then drive up to Reef Townsite. Camp or Take a picnic. Take a short hike to the Mill Site or hike to the summit of Carr Peak, elev. 9220. Hight clearance vehicles recommended.
• Drive up to Mt. Graham. There are plenty of cool trails. Go fishing at Riggs Flat Lake. Stop at the visitors center.
For Kids and Families
•Are you looking for a Summer Program for the Kids? Try the Summer Arts Program for Kids at the Tucson Museum of Art. Learn more here.
• Picture This! Arts and Crafts for Kids. Sunday 1pm-2pm.
• Summer Safari Nights at the Zoo. Friday nights.
• The Flandrau has a new show. SUNSTRUCK. Have you seen it?