See our full calendar of events here. FIND an EVENT by event type or location.
Check out our new Performing Arts page, listing venues and websites. There is plenty to do! Season Tickets for many venues are now on Sale.
Annual Events In September
• Showdown in Tombstone - Aug 30 – Sept 1
• Tucson Fall Gem Shows Sept 4-7
• 10th Annual Bisbee Blues Festival – Sept 13-14
• 99th Annual Santa Cruz County Fair – Sept 19-21
• Mt. Lemmon Oktoberfest – Weekends: Sept 20-Oct 13. At the Top of the Hill!
• Shakespeare in the Park – Weekends at Himmel Park. Sept 19 – Oct 5
• Tucson Spanish and Flamenco Festival – Casa Vicente – Sept 25 – 28
• Tucson Greek Festival- Sept 25-28
• 28th Annual Beer Fest – Sept 27
• 90th Annual Cochise County Fair – Sept 25-28
• Nightfall at Old Tucson – Sept 26 – Oct 31
• Safford Salsa Festival – Sept 26-27
Things to Do this Weekend
Ms. Karen’s Pics
• Shakespeare in the Park. 7pm. Himmel Park. Three Weekends only! Bring a blanket or chairs. $5 donation requested.
• Sign up for “Getting to Know your Wine” class at Rancho Rossa in Elgin. Saturday evening, 4:30 – 7:30.
• Sunday at the Fox: Stand up to Stop Violence. A comedy charity event.
• The Titan Missile Museum – Moonlight Madness. Special activities for the kids. Fun for all. Saturday 5pm – 9pm.
• How Things Fly at Pima Air & Space Museum. Reservations required. Saturday 1-2:30.
• Star Night Party at Kartchner Caverns, Saturday starting at 2pm – 9pm
• Pima County Parks and Rec features: Outdoor Family; Bats and Bugs. Saturday 6-9 at Florida Canyon
Kid’s Create at the Museum of Miniatures every Second Saturday. September is Free Admission Month in honor of the 5th Anniversary. Come out and be amazed.
Every Second Saturday is $2 admission day at the Children’s Museum.
On a clear Sunday morning in early February, Neighbor Roy, Ms. Karen, & I arrived at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum for our 2nd Behind The Scenes tour, this time of the new Warden Aquarium. Lacey was our guide for our group of 8, including two little boys who looked to be about 4 and 6 [...]Continue reading
Every Saturday, Free with admission to the Arizona State Museum, Cultural Crafts for the Kids. Adults $5, Children Free. Learn more here.
Nature & Hiking
- • Mission Garden Tours every Saturday, 8am-12 pm April – November. A little bit nature, conservation, history. More information at the Friends of Tucson Birthplace.
- • Interpretive River Walk at the San Pedro House Saturday at 8am.
- • Sundays, at the Sierra Vista Environmental Operations Park is a docent lead Bird Walk at 8am. Learn more about it in this video by Mike Foster.
- • The Carr House is open weekends, April – October. An introduction to the Huachuca Mountains, hiking, birding, history, geography and more. Watch this video for programs.