Here are a few of our hiking recommendations in Southern Arizona. Hundreds of great hikes exist and we all have our favorites. Some require an overnight stay and others are just a day trip from town. Ms. Karen has her favs, the Chiracahua Mountains being on top, but we won't bog your down with the details. Suffice to say, anyone of these is great for some reason. Perhaps in the future we will categorize them accordingly. If you are a hiking enthusiast, you will enjoy these posts.
- Saguaro National Park West
- Yetman Trail to the Bowen Ruins
- Seven Falls Trail – Sabino Canyon
- Wasson Peak Trail – Tucson Westside
- Finger Rock Trail – Tucson North
- Mt. Wasson Hiking Adventure
- Saguaro National Park West: A Pictorial.
- Sabino Canyon: A Late Summer Pictorial!
- Hiking Tumamoc Hill in West Tucson; a Review
- A Hike to Seven Falls in Tucson’s Scenic Sabino Canyon
- Hiking Sweetwater Preserve
- Hiking Arizona: Boots & Burgers; A Review
- Hike to Picture Rocks Petroglyphs
- Bowen Ranch Ruins
- Hiking the Tucson Mountains
Hiking Southeast of Tucson
- Cochise Stronghold Natural Apache Fortress
- Ramsey Canyon Preserve
- A Day In Santa Cruz County
- A Day At The San Pedro River
- Aravaipa Canyon East: A Pictorial.
- A Video Introduction to Parker Canyon Lake
- Summer on the San Pedro River
- From Paradise Az to the Wonderland of Rocks: A 3-Day Road Trip!
- Patagonia: Gateway to the Arizona Trail
- DD Gamble Guest Lodge: A Cochise County Lodging Review!
- Kentucky Camp AZ: A Ghost Town With Accommodations!
- An Adventure To Council Rocks Near Cochise Stronghold!
- A Hike to the Ghost Town of Charleston Arizona Territory
Hiking North of Tucson
Hiking South of Tucson
Hiking with Dogs
There are few places to hike with dogs in Southern Arizona. Dogs are allowed in the Coronado National Forest, except the Pusch Ridge Wilderness Area and the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, which is roughly the area in the Catalina Mountains which is West of the Catalina Highway. Dogs are allowed in Catalina State Park.
There is a good resource covering all of Arizona, Best Hikes with Dogs Arizona that you should consider.