Here are a few of our hiking recommendations in Southern Arizona. Hundreds of great hikes exist and we all have our favorites. Some require an overnight stay and others are just a day trip from town. Ms. Karen has her favs, the Chiracahua Mountains being on top, but we won't bog your down with the details. Suffice to say, anyone of these is great for some reason. Perhaps in the future we will categorize them accordingly. If you are a hiking enthusiast, you will enjoy these posts.
- A Hike to Seven Falls in Tucson’s Scenic Sabino Canyon
- Bowen Ranch Ruins
- Finger Rock Trail – Tucson North
- Hike to Picture Rocks Petroglyphs
- Hiking Arizona: Boots & Burgers; A Review
- Hiking Sweetwater Preserve
- Hiking the Tucson Mountains
- Hiking Tumamoc Hill in West Tucson; a Review
- Mt. Wasson Hiking Adventure
- Sabino Canyon: A Late Summer Pictorial!
- Saguaro National Park West
- Saguaro National Park West: A Pictorial.
- Seven Falls Trail – Sabino Canyon
- Wasson Peak Trail – Tucson Westside
- Yetman Trail to the Bowen Ruins
Hiking Southeast of Tucson
- A Day At The San Pedro River
- A Day In Santa Cruz County
- A Hike to the Ghost Town of Charleston Arizona Territory
- A Video Introduction to Parker Canyon Lake
- An Adventure To Council Rocks Near Cochise Stronghold!
- Aravaipa Canyon East: A Pictorial.
- Cochise Stronghold Natural Apache Fortress
- DD Gamble Guest Lodge: A Cochise County Lodging Review!
- From Paradise Az to the Wonderland of Rocks: A 3-Day Road Trip!
- Kentucky Camp AZ: A Ghost Town With Accommodations!
- Patagonia: Gateway to the Arizona Trail
- Ramsey Canyon Preserve
- Summer on the San Pedro River
Hiking North of Tucson
Hiking South of Tucson
Hiking with Dogs
There are few places to hike with dogs in Southern Arizona. Dogs are allowed in the Coronado National Forest, except the Pusch Ridge Wilderness Area and the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, which is roughly the area in the Catalina Mountains which is West of the Catalina Highway. Dogs are allowed in Catalina State Park.
There is a good resource covering all of Arizona, Best Hikes with Dogs Arizona that you should consider.